“Spring is the time of plans and projects.” - Leo Tolstoy. Spring brings out the desire to fling open the windows and scrub everything down so that your house looks its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Raleigh so that your home looks as good as new.
1. Go Through A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is the perfect time to check that all of your home’s systems are working properly for the summer. Here are some things you should inspect every spring in Raleigh:
- HVAC System. Run your air conditioning system to ensure that it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Increase your HVAC system’s energy efficiency by replacing your air conditioning and furnace filters. Many HVAC companies offer this service for a low fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Keep your loved ones safe by testing your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Put fresh batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Inspect the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for holes or cracks. Repair the caulking as you go. Install window treatments, like plantation shutters, to enhance your window’s energy efficiency and temperature control. Open each window to make sure that they can move freely.
2. Deep Clean Your House So That It Shines
Nothing makes your house shine like a good, deep clean. Start by decluttering each room to open up the space. Then clean anything you don’t scrub every week such as ceiling fans, floors, baseboards, and kitchen and bathrooms walls. Wipe your fixtures until they shine. Move your furniture to clean and vacuum under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture.
Bring in more light by cleaning your windows. Wipe down your screens and windows to get rid of dirt and grime. Clean your window treatments including shutters, draperies, and shades. You can clean your blinds with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Give Your Rooms a New Look By Redecorating
After you’re done with deep cleaning, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
An easy way to redecorate is to use what you already have. You can give your room a whole new look by rearranging the furniture. You can also shop your home. This means you switch out the items you already have between rooms. Add more color to your rooms with colorful accessories, fresh paint, and live plants.
If you want to give your room a completely new style, then look through our idea gallery for new ideas and inspiration. It’s packed with photos of stunning rooms and window treatments for every space in your home. Once you’ve decided on the style and color scheme you like, you can bring in matching furniture, paint colors, and accessories.
An easy update for your rooms is to add window treatments that match your styles and freshen up your home. You can pick from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, barn door shutters, and reclaimed wood shutters. We also offer blinds and shades.
Get More Design Tips
Browse through our design tips for even more ways to enhance your home. And when you discover a look and window treatment that you want for your home, call us at 919-887-9198 or fill out the form below to set up a free in-home consultation. Our experts will walk you through choosing the best window treatment to give your room a beautiful new look this spring.